COVID-19 Downloadable Resources & Information
DHHS COVID-19 Information Line
8AM - 8PM CST - 7 Days a Week
Central District Health Department (Hall, Hamilton & Merrick counties) lab confirmed positive COVID-19 cases - 68
Updated as information becomes available. Last update 04/06/2020 at 5:00pm
Updated Public Health Recommendations for Travelers
1. All returning travelers, from any international or domestic location, should assume that COVID-19 disease is present at the locations they have visited and traveled through.
2. All returning travelers, from any international or domestic location, should limit public interactions, practice strict social distancing, and self-monitor for symptoms.
3. Returning travelers from regions with widespread sustained transmission (e.g., CDC Level 3 countries - https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices#alert - plus U.S. locales such as Seattle, WA; New York City; and Santa Clara County, CA) should immediately self-quarantine. Regions with widespread sustained transmission should be identified from CDC, state, and local public health websites and from media sources.
4. IF a returning traveler develops fever or respiratory illness, they need to IMMEDIATELY self-isolate and report to a healthcare provider or local health department.
5. Individuals unable to observe the 14-day self-quarantine should consult with their local health department about appropriate actions.
6. Every health care worker who returns from travel should consult with a trained medical professional at their facility (e.g., infection preventionist or physician) and establish a specific infection control protocol (e.g., home quarantine, self-monitoring, PPE while at work) that mitigates patient and co-worker exposures.
CHI are currently providing free virtual advice from a provider at the link below. The regular $10 service fee is temporarily waived.
Click on a link below to download resources and information: (Most recent links on top)
Business & Education
- UPDATED - Childcare facility (English & Spanish) - 03/19/2020
- School event guidance (English & Spanish) - 03/10/20
- Pandemic Flu Planning for the workplace -03/06/20
- Information for school and daycare facilities (English & Spanish) - 03/04/20
- Information for churches and faith organizations (English & Spanish) - 03/04/20
- Information for businesses (English & Spanish) - 03/02/20
Personal Preparedness & Prevention
- DHHS Social Distancing Guidelines - 03/18/2020
- COVID-19 Information for Parents (English & Spanish) - 03/06/20
- Novel Coronavirus and You - 03/06/20
- What to do if you are sick with Covid-19 - 03/06/20
- EPA approved products for cleaning/disinfecting - 03/06/20
- CDHD Urges Local Preparation for Covid-19 - 03/06/20
Healthcare & Public Service Professionals
- UPDATED - Long term care facility advice - 03/19/2020
- Nursing Home and Residential - 03/11/20
- Guidance for long term care centers - 03/06/20
- Advice for Corrections Facilities and Law Enforcement - 03/06/20
Latest Press Release
It is with deep sadness that Central District Health Department (CDHD) reports a COVID-19-related death of a hospitalized woman with underlying health issues in her 60s in Hall County. This is the third lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 and the first death reported in the Central District.
Most recent Release
COMMUNITY MITIGATION PLAN - Download here