List of Services
We offer a wide range of programs and services to drive towards or vision of "Healthy People, Healthy Community!"
· Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program
· Immunization Clinic
· Public health messaging
· Educating private health providers
· Refugee Services
· Immunization records
· Health Services and Screenings
· Tuberculosis (TB) skin tests
· Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
· Certified Lactation Consultants
· Worksite Flu Clinics
· Complaints – Follow up on complaints for any of the programs listed below, and respond appropriately.
· Daycares – Request is sent from DHHS to complete a daycare inspection. Applies to all licensed daycares in Hall, Hamilton, and Merrick Counties.
· Education – Teach a part of Serve Safe class as well as a food safety class for the State Fair.
· Inspection of Body Art/Piercing – Permits and inspects facilities as part of Grand Island city code. CDHD provides permits.
· Inspection of Clean Indoor Air/Smoking Ban – Inspect complaints of individuals smoking in a business.
· Inspection of Commercial Animal Plants – Permits and inspects anyone who sells, grooms, or boards pets for the city of Grand Island only.
· Inspection of food – Perform food inspections for restaurants, schools, state/county fairs, temporary events, mobile food units/food trucks, food manufacturing/warehouses, convenience stores, and anyone selling food with a food permit.
· Inspection of Garbage Trucks – Permit and inspect all garbage trucks inside the city of Grand Island for code compliance.
· Inspection of Mobile Home Parks – Permits and inspects mobile home parks in Hall, Hamilton and Merrick Counties, with the exception of mobile home parks within the city of Grand Island.
· Inspection of Pools – Permit and inspect all public swimming pools and spas in Hall, Hamilton and Merrick Counties.
· Inspection of Recreational Camps – Inspect recreational camps in Hall, Hamilton and Merrick Counties for compliance with state codes.
· Inspection of Well and Septic – Some home loans require an inspection of private well and private septic systems.
· Mosquito Surveillance – Trapping, spraying, insecticide including working with local governments on insecticide spraying, larviciding and adulticiding for Hall County.
· Permitting of Premises.
· Radon test – Provide radon test kits.
· Water Laboratory – Test well waters for Coliform bacteria, Nitrate, Hardness, Fluoride, and pH.
· Hospital – Liaise with local hospitals on surge and capacity protections.
· Health Care – Train/assist/advice in health care emergency planning and exercising.
· PPE (personal protective equipment) – Provide PPE training and required.
· Regional Health Care – Work with regional health care coalition of family assistance center, sheltering, and mass fatalities planning.
· Local Partners – Work with local partners such as neighboring local public health departments, police, fire, EMS, ambulance, funeral homes, hospitals, long-term care facilities, pharmacists, in a responder and public health safety and disaster planning.
· Strategic – Plan, train, exercise elements of delivery of strategic national stockpile receipt staging and storing process including distribution of assets to the public in a public health emergency.
· National Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
· Epidemiology – Infectious Disease Monitoring
· Communicable Disease Investigation and Management including schools and daycares.
· Contact Investigation and Education
· Flu and ILI Surveillance and Reporting
· Lead level – Investigation, monitoring, and education.
· School surveillance – Illness monitoring and reporting.
· Tuberculosis (TB) monitoring, active and latent, case management, contact investigation and direct observation therapy.
· Zika -Testing criteria approval and case monitoring.
· Every Woman Matters –
· Provide health coaching to women that are enrolled in Every Woman Matters-Wise Women program.
· Attend health fairs, encounter venues to reach woman ages 40-74 to provide resources.
· Provide breast and cervical navigation to woman.
· Provide colon cancer test kits to woman and men ages 50-74.
· Provide preventive screening education and help enroll woman to Every Woman Matters to get screened.
· Health Coaching
· Health Promotion – Education
· Healthy Smiles
· Minority Health Initiative (MHI) –
· National Diabetes Prevention Program offered to the community to prevent diabetes.
· Living Well Chronic Disease Self-Management Program offered to clients that have diabetes and their family members.
· Case management to MHI clients needing additional help with health related issues.
· Referrals to additional services or programs with a two-week follow up after being referred.
· Attend and organize health fairs in the community.
· Provide presentations to agencies and clubs explaining programs to the community.
· Provide interpretation services for clients.
· Nebraska Teeth Forever Program –
· Provide education to children ages 0-18 on dental Care.
· Provide education to elderly and nursing home staff on geriatric dental care.
· Provide Fluoride Varnish treatment to children.
· Provide sealant treatment to school age kids.
· Provide cleanings to geriatric clients. Attend health fairs to promote the program.
· Establish partner relationships with stakeholders.
· Worksite Wellness