At this time Grand Island WIC continues to provide WIC benefits and enroll new clients but all appointments will be done over the phone. Please call us at 308-385-5175. WIC provides healthy foods at no cost, nutrition information, connections to community services and breastfeeding support to women, infants and children.
En este momento WIC de Grand Island, continúa brindando beneficios de WIC y admitiendo clientes nuevos pero todas la citas se realizarán por teléfono. Por favor llámenos al 308-385-5175. WIC provee alimentos salúdables sin costo, información nutricional, conecciones con servicios de la comunidad y apoyo de lactancia materna a mujeres, infantes y niños.
Central District Health Department (Hall, Hamilton & Merrick counties) lab confirmed positive COVID-19 cases - 68
Updated as information becomes available. Last update 04/06/2020 at 5:00pm
CENTRAL DISTRICT ISSUES DIRECTIVE HEALTH MEASURES FOR HALL, HAMILTON AND MERRICK COUNTIES
In an effort to reduce community transmission of the COVID-19 virus, Central District Health Department (CDHD) is issuing a Directed Health Measure (DHM) for all political subdivisions and the counties of Hall, Hamilton and Merrick.
Click here to download the press release press release - 03/28/2020
JOINT RELEASE - CDHD & Grand Island Clinic - 03/30/2020
CENTRAL DISTRICT HEALTH DEPARTMENT COMMUNITY MITIGATION PLAN - Download here
Updated Public Health Recommendations for Travelers
Warning - Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel—Widespread Ongoing Transmission
- Widespread ongoing transmission of a respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is occurring globally.
- CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential international travel.
- Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions are at increased risk for severe disease.
- There may be limited access to adequate medical care in affected areas.
- US residents may have difficulty returning to the United States.
- Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- All international travelers should stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitor their health, and practice social distancing.
CHI are currently providing free virtual advice from a provider at the link below. The regular $10 service fee is temporarily waived.